CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Allergies Bothering You? Be Warned

This time of year, the rumblings about allergies and allergy problems are rampant. You hear about people's allergies "acting up" everywhere you go. During Tristan's first t-ball game this past weekend, one of our little players was really struggling with his. He didn't even want to play and was crying because his were so bad. Another of our little boys was really tired and cranky, and I kept hearing his mom say that she thinks it was because of the Zyrtec she gave him. So I'm hearing all of these things and am crumbling inside. Zyrtec for your sweet little boy?! AAAAGH! (I will say, during practice last week, I tried to offer natural alternatives. The moms looked at me like I was crazy. Much like some of you probably think I am).

I just found this website:

www.askapatient.com. It's a site where people tell their opinions about specific medications based on reactions they've had from taking it. I did a quick search of Zyrtec, and this is what one mom listed as the side effects her child had:


aggressive bad behavior, irritability, temper tantrums over tiny thing. Would go crazy like a wild animal then crash down to a sobbing little boy.

Here are her comments:


Never will i give this to my son!!! We know it's the Zyrtec causing this behavior for we tried it two different times. Claritin has given him the same side affects also. We would rather see him suffer the allergies than be on these meds.

If you want to see the side effects and opinions of others, click here.

On Friday, I dashed to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of things I needed for Tristan's party. I was out a lot earlier than usual. As a matter of fact, I was out much earlier than I am normally even out of bed. I say that to say that God puts me in the "right place at the right time" in regard to medications. It happens ALL THE TIME. Like I've stated in previous posts, I usually don't seek this information. It literally hits me from every angle and in ways I would never expect. Anyway, back to Friday.

So I was in the car on the way to Wal-Mart and was listening to Rick and Bubba. That's when I heard it...Singulair has been linked to suicide. Rick and Bubba were talking about it and making jokes about it because Bubba is on Singulair. They were laughing because this is the second medication in like a month that Bubba has been on that has been linked to suicide. The other drug being Tamiflu. (Bubba detailed his effects of Tamiflu a few weeks ago. He said it was awful and that he experienced all kinds of crazy behaviors. He said that he would NEVER take Tamiflu again. He said next time, he'll just deal with the flu head-on. He said it again on Friday's show). Then they went on to laugh at how many medications Bubba is currently taking.

As I was listening to this, it just really got to me. I literally started crying. As I was listening and crying, Channing called, and I had to pour it all out to him. He agrees with me and just reinforced the need to get the information out there. People need to realize that every medication has a side effect, and that there are many medications that we could do without.

Today, our pastor started a new series titled "Sexual Revolution". A couple of verses he included in his message were the following:

John 8:44: "...When (the devil) lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."

John 10:10: "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

He said that the devil has us so confused on what sex is supposed to really be like and how it supposed to be used. He said that the devil isn't doing this to harm our bodies or to make us physically sick. He is doing this to steal our souls.

I think the same can be said for what he is doing in the world of health. Satan is polluting our minds with how we are to attain health. He lies to us and convinces us that we'll never be healthy without "that" medication. He lies and convinces many of us that we'll never truly be healthy. All the while, he is destroying families and stealing souls. Personally, I've seen three families (who are so close and dear to my heart) experience suicide as a result of prescription drug addictions. In each of these families, children were left without parents, and in two of them, grandchildren were left without the grandparents they so dearly loved. If that's not Satan, I don't know what it is.
BE ALERT! He wants to destroy all of us, and he'll use whatever means necessary. He cannot physically harm us, but he is the "Father of lies" and knows how to push our buttons. He knows where we're vulnerable. His is coming for you and your family!

Some of you are probably thinking that I'm going a little overboard here. I don't think that I am. Families are being destroyed. The drugs most abused by teenagers are PRESCRIPTION DRUGS!!! The thing is that there is a vicious cycle going on, and I feel like it's going over the heads of so many. Think about this...
At least once or twice a week, I see one of the "Anti-drug" commercials that is focusing on teenage prescription drug abuse. They are trying to stop it. However, their method isn't working. Why? Because when our teenagers are tiny kids, we are shoving medications down their throats every time they don't feel great. By doing this, we are convincing our very own children that they get healing and fulfillment from medication. It makes sense to me that as they grow older, they take these medications to escape feelings of insecurity, distress, abandonment, emotional hurts, etc.

So what are we so confused about? I see it in Christian families all the time. They want to tell everyone not to drink alcohol or to get drunk because the Bible says it's wrong.
According to Hosea 4:11, The Lord says, "Wine, both old and new, is robbing my people of their senses!" (TEV)
Then, in Ephesians 5:18, " Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you."

I, personally, don't believe that this applies just to wine. I think it applies to wine, beer, vodka, liquor, drugs (both prescription and non-prescription). Drugs are robbing us of our minds...just as much or more than alcohol is. We are being drunk and polluted on mind-altering medications...drugs! It's time to do something about this!!!

I've kind of gotten off on some tangents on this post. Sorry! If I offended you, I'm sorry about that too. I am just SO PASSIONATE about this. I am tired of seeing families destroyed and especially our sweet children who don't have a choice. Check out the Singulair article. Here is an excerpt:

With sales of $4.3 billion last year, Singulair is used by millions of patients in the U.S, according to Merck. First approved in 1998, it's part of a class of asthma and allergy drugs that includes AstraZeneca's Accolate and Critical Therapeutics's Zyflo.

Does it make sense that Merck wouldn't want us to find out the potential risks associated with Singulair? It's a huge cash cow for them! To me, I would rather deal with allergy issues than want to kill myself, but hey, that's just me.

If you are struggling with allergies, I encourage you to try a wellness chiropractor. In our office, we have so many patients that have come in because of low back or neck pain, only to be surprised that their allergy problems disappear as well. It is so funny (and encouraging) to hear their testimonies. They are always shocked, and I love it! As for our family, none of us struggle with these allergy issues. It is such a blessing! We make sure to keep ourselves (and especially our boys) well adjusted. Channing and I both get deep tissue massages once a month (that helps too!).

You can be healthy too! Please seek natural alternatives for yourself and your families whenever possible. Your kids deserve it, and you do too!

9 comments:

Rachael said...

Thanks for this post, Annie! It's scary to know about all of the risks associated with meds!!! Adrienne and I have a joke about a nasal spray that has the side effects of glaucoma! Can you believe that? We laugh about it, but it's really no joking matter. My heart goes out to those who don't research this out for themselves. We have to look to our Healer and stop trying to be in control of our own lives! Thanks for all that you do!!!

annieck said...

Great point! Thanks, Rachael!!! :)

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I'm so proud of you, Annie. I hesitate to even say that without being condescending, but I am so stinking proud to know you. I read your last post on your other blog and finally came to check out this one. We are going to love and support you no matter what and I'm super proud of you for stepping out and being up front about your wellness beliefs. With all that said, I'm learning more and more about this every day and appreciate your research and sharing. We really do need to take charge of our education about many topics in health care because I think we are being spoon fed answers if we don't do the research ourselves and listen to our bodies. I've got a link on my blog for my Uncle Randy's practice- the link says "hormone balance info". E-mail me your address and I'll send you their latest book. It's very educational and all about hormone balance and natural solutions. hdunham@knology.net is my e-mail address.
Love you!
Hill

Summer Kempfer said...

oh wow...i wish i would have known you had this blog too! I will try to find time to read all the way through...thanks for the great info!

Anonymous said...

I AM GOING TO POST ANONYMOUS AND I WILL NOT GIVE MY NAME BUT I AM A NURSE AND MY OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS ARE NURSES AND DR'S AND WE SAVE PEOPLES LIFE WITH MEDICINE I JUST GET THE HINT BY READING THIS CRAZY BLOG THAT IF ANYBODY IS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD THAT WE DONT HAVE A POINT OR MAKE A DIFFERANCE. AND WE DO B/C IF A PT HAS DIABETES AND WE PREVENT FROM DYING WITH MEDICINE THAT WORKS WE HAVE DONE WHAT GOD HAS CALLED US TO AND WE JUST SAVED ONE OF HIS LIVES THAT HE CREATED. AND IF A CHILD WHO HAS NOT BEEN VACCINATED B/C THE PARENT IS SCARED OF THE SIDE EFFECTS (WHICH I HAVE NEVER SEEN), STEPS ON A RUSTY NAIL PLAYING IN THE YARD THAT CHILD COULD DIE FROM TETANUS?? I MEAN IT IS COMMEN SINCE YOU HAVE TO USE AND YES VACCINES DO WORK THEY HELP NOT HINDER. THANKS FOR READING

annieck said...

Anonymous, clearly you have not read many posts from my blog. If you had, you would see that I am NOT against the medical community OR all things medicine. Since I have explained this in other posts (and I'm really tired from a long trip), I'm not going to repeat myself here. Please check out my other posts to see where I stand.
Thanks for stopping by! :) Many blessings to you as you attempt to save lives.

Anonymous said...

YES I HAVE CLEARLY READ THESE WEIRD POST BUT HOW ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU GOING TO KNOW IF THE BODY HAS SOMETHING WRONG LIKE CONSTANT HEADACHES AND IT COULD BE A BRAIN TUMOR YOU WOULD HAVE TO GO TO THE DR. FOR THAT AND GET TESTS RUN AND FIND OUT THAT THERE IS A TUMOR IF YOU LET STUFF LIKE THAT GO YOU WILL DIE. AND ABOUT NOT VACCINATING KIDS GOD HAS GAVE THE WISDOM FOR SOMEBODY TO INVENT THE MEDICINE TO PREVENT ILLNESS I THINK IF YOU DONT USE THEM TO PREVENT DEADLY (UM HELLO) ILLNESS THAT YOU JUST DONT CARE ABOUT HEALTH AND TAKING CARE OF YOUR BODY. BECAUSE IF I STEPPED ON A RUSTY NAIL JUST PLAYING OUT IN THE YARD WHEN I WAS LITTLE I WOULD BE DEAD FOR NOT GETTING A TETANUS SHOT. AND I THANK GOD THAT MY MOM WAS SMART ENOUGH TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SMART PEOPLE THAT INVENTED THE SHOT TO PREVENT ME FROM DYING. OH AND THANKS FOR BLESSING ME FOR MY GIFT OF HANDLING MEDICINE AND SAVING PTS LIVES B/C THATS WHAT I WAS CALLED TO DO

annieck said...

Anonymous, thanks again, for sharing your opinion. While I don't agree with your opinion (based on the news I see every day), I understand your need to share it. :)
Again, blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

I PRAY FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DONT HAVE A CLUE.
THANKS FOR READING MY COMMENTS I JUST ONLY HOPE GOD OPENS YOUR EYES TO WHAT YOU ARE BELIEVING IN.
THANKS AGAIN