CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Flu Vaccine

With so many people getting sick with the flu this year, I thought I would share what I've found about the flu vaccine. Each year, the panic marketing spreads. I know you've seen it in magazines, heard it on the radio, seen the commercials, and have seen the signs up at churches, grocery stores, and pharmacies all over town: This is the year of the flu epidemic. HURRY and get your vaccination before we run out! The flu is going to kill babies and elderly! HURRY! HURRY! Get your vaccine before it's too late!!!

As far as I know, I've never had a flu shot. I know I haven't during my adult life, and I feel pretty positive I didn't have one as a child. Somehow, I've managed to survive. I think I may have had the flu once, but it wasn't memorable enough for me to remember it. Anyway, the past two years it's been crazy how much marketing has gone into the flu vaccine. Maybe it's like that every year. I don't know, but I've never noticed it as much as the past two years. The panic was astounding. Everyone was running out of the flu vaccine, and it had parents fearing for their chilren's lives. Guess what? No flu epidemic. The funny thing is, this year they had more than enough flu vaccine for everyone. Lots of people rushed out and got it. Hmmm...this happened to be the year of the flu epidemic (ok, maybe not an epidemic, but I've never known of so many people to get the flu). Imagine that. The story is that this year's flu vaccine was only a match for 40% of the flu virus that was spreading. Soooo...people rushed out to get their vaccine, only to find that it didn't work.

You should know that the flu vaccine is not a harmless shot (or mist). There are a lot of dangerous chemicals in it including, but not limited to:

  • thimerosal (a mercury disenfectant/preservative) can result in brain injury and autoimmune disease
  • ethylene glycol (antifreeze)
  • phenol (this is used as a disenfectant, dye)
  • aluminum (associated with Alzheimer's disease and seizures; also cancer-producing in laboratory mice. It is used as an additive to promote antibody response).
Check out this information on putchildrenfirst.org. They have even more information about the flu vaccine, the CDC's studies, and side effects. Check it out. It won't take a lot of time, but it could save you or someone you love a severe reaction. One quote from their information that really grabbed my attention was the following:

Many are surprised to learn that the Thimerosal bottle label has a skull and crossbones on it. If a bottle of Thimerosal were spilled inside a school or office, the entire building would have to be evacuated and a hazardous waste clean-up initiated.

And they're putting that in your vaccine (in most states). Sound safe to you? I'm no genius, and I have no medical degree. My degree is in elementary/special education. However, it doesn't seem difficult to understand. It's dangerous. Why would I give that to my child? I'll take my chances with the flu, thank you very much.

As one of our wonderful patients pointed out...The medical community discourages pregnant women from eating most types of fish while they're pregnant due to the mercury content. However, they'll then turn around and all but force you to get a flu shot...containing mercury, more mercury than you would get in a piece of fish. Does that make sense to you?

I have a lot more to say but not a lot of time, so I'll end today with this youtube recording. It's only two minutes. Take a listen:



If you do get a flu shot, please request a mercury-free vaccine (if that's even possible; according to the recording on youtube, they all have trace amounts).
The best way to avoid the flu is by washing your hands often, eating healthy, avoiding sugar, and keeping your spine in line. :)

0 comments: