CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

Get Ready for Controversy

If you're visiting this blog in hopes of finding funny stories that will make you laugh and will provide light entertainment, you've come to the wrong place. After prayerful thought and consideration, I decided to start this blog so that I could share the health information I come across daily. My hope is that I will influence you to make educated decisions regarding your health, to encourage you to stop following the crowd, and that you will research health options that are best for you.
Too many of us base our health decisions on what we hear at the doctor's office or on drug commercials. I think it's time we learn more about what we're putting into our bodies, good and bad.
I want to let you know, up front, that I am not anti-medication or anti-medical doctor. On the contrary, I believe that medicine is a powerful and effective tool in crisis situations. I applaud all the doctors out there who are working to save lives and provide relief to those who need it. However, I think that our country has become too dependent on medication. I believe that medicine was created in order to heal but has turned into a dangerous means by which to get through daily life.
Many of you feel differently. Like me, you were raised to take medicine every time you had a sniffle, slight fever, or if you even thought either of those were possible. You probably feel like I used to feel when I heard people say natural remedies were better...Yeah right! Tylenol is safe. Vaccines are safe. I turned out ok. What I didn't realize, and what you may not realize is that there is no "safe" drug. Every drug, whether over-the-counter or through prescription, has side effects. Some you may notice, others you may not. For instance, how many people realize that acetaminophine is the number one cause of acute liver failure today?
I also didn't think about the fact that God created my body to heal itself. That's why when you cut your finger, you don't have to tell it to heal. It already knows how. I know there are circumstances when you need an outside intervention, of course. However, most of us choose an outside intervention before we ask God to heal us. Isaiah 53:5 tells us...by His stripes, we are healed. It doesn't say by His stripes, after some Tylenol and a visit to the doctor, we are healed. God tells us that He wants our firstfruits. That is why we tithe the first of our income, we give God the first of our day, we thank Him first when blessings come our way. We give God our first, and He blesses the rest. So why is it that when it comes to our health, we ask Him after we've availed all options? It doesn't make sense.
Something else to consider when dealing with your health is that if you don't give your immune system a chance to work, it won't ever learn how. So many people take medicine every time they have anything wrong, so their immune systems never strengthen. These people are often sicker and take longer to heal than those who allow their immune systems the chance to work.. Think of it like this, if you never work out, your muscles stay weak. Likewise, if your immune systems doesn't get its workout, it stays weak.
I have a wonderful friend who I love (Shane, you know this isn't personal! You and Brandi are like family to my boys and me. That's why I know I can debate with you. ;D) who feels strongly that vaccines and medicine is the way to go (as many of you do, I'm sure).
I might feel that way too if I didn't keep hearing about all the dangerous side effects. It's time we hold the CDC accountable for their "required" vaccines. Some people believe the CDC doesn't have a personal agenda. I disagree. They own many of the patents on the vaccines they're forcing our children to be injected with. Check out this article about our beloved CDC. Even if they only care about our health and the health of our children, they sure have a lot to lose if vaccines are taken off the market.
Here is another great article I found. My favorite quote is at the bottom:

"The one thing that ABC, NBC, and CBS NEWS can't reassure us about is that while one in every 150 children in the U.S. has autism, one in every 150 adults doesn't. The CDC, famous for population studies, has never been able to produce one that can find them."

I know some of you out there are completely set in your beliefs and will not be swayed by any information you find on my blog. I understand. However, this blog is for those of you who want to hear the side you don't hear from the drug companies or CDC. This is information that is out there but is being brushed under the rug. I want to empower you to make a well-educated decision about the healthcare of yourself and your family.
Some of you will want to debate me on my posts. That is completely fine. However, all things considered, I am among the group of small voices. The voice FOR medication, FOR vaccines is loud. We hear your arguments every day. I think it's time we hear the other side; the side that people are afraid to share. There are so many people like Channing and me who have opted to raise our children through natural means as much as possible. The thing is, they're afraid to let anyone know because of the judgment they receive. I say, it's time we take pride in the choice we've made. Others may think we're strange, but we're doing what we think is best.
I will read any comments received, for or against what I post. I don't take it personally, and I hope you don't either. I don't enjoy sharing this information. Actually, it's quite the opposite. It took a lot for me to do this because it's much easier for me to sit back and keep my mouth shut. One of my personality traits is fear of rejection. So, you can imagine how much it stresses me to fear that people will dislike me based on my beliefs. However, I feel called to share what I know. So here I am. You don't have to agree, but I hope you will look into all aspects of healthy living.
God bless you all!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie, I'm so glad you have this new blog! I think it's great. Thank you for sharing your passion, I'm sure it's not easy knowing that you have friends who disagree. I like hearing all the healthy stuff you have to say and checking it out myself. I want to be aware and informed to make the right decisions or my family and myself! I'm not crazy about taking medication stuff to begin with so it's right up my alley!
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hi Annie!
This is Lindsey (Wilder) Garansuay, Holly's sister. She told me about your blog and then I found the link to this one. THANK YOU so much for doing this!! I have a 9 mo. old little boy and a little girl on the way. The least I can say is that my life completely changed when Gabe (my son) came along. We opted out of the hospital vaccinations, but gave him the first round at his pediatrician's office. After I saw how he reacted...fever, fussiness, just not being himself...i started exploring other options and really researching vaccinations. i was SHOCKED at what i found!! so, needless to say, we have not vaccinated him again and don't plan to. we go to a wellness chiropractor regularly as a family, and i truly feel that has helped our bodies heal themselves. when we do get sick, it is usually for a short time and the symptoms are not nearly as severe as what is "going around" at the time. so....thanks again! it is REALLY intimidating to go against the grain..especially where our children are concerned. there is not much support out there and it is lonely at times, but i feel it's so worth it in the end. i'm proud of you for taking a stand!! i'll pass this along to others that i feel will benefit from the info.!! :) lindsey

annieck said...

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! It's nice to know I'm not alone in this.
Lindsey...I am SO GLAD to hear from you!!! How exciting that you're about to have two little ones keeping you busy. I think it's great that they're close in age. They'll keep each other company. :)
Thank you for sharing your story. You're right, it is scary going against the grain. I admire you for researching your options.
Thanks for your support! And again, I am SO GLAD to hear from you!!!

Jeremy and Michelle said...

Love it Annie - so glad you're doing this. I think it will be awesome to have a forum for people to read, ask questions, and discuss these issues. Jesus was pretty controversial too so that's probably not a bad thing. If we are never challenged in anything how will we ever grow and be changed? Be it our spiritual walk, health, finances, etc! Look forward to checking in and adding this blog as a link from ours!