CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Seriously...It Works!


If you have been a reader of my other blog for at least a month, you've seen my post about using peroxide to prevent or alleviate symptoms related to colds and flus. If not, let me catch you up. According to an article I read on mercola.com:

In 1928 Richard Simmons, M.D. hypothesized that colds and flu virus enter through the ear canal. His findings were dismissed by the medical community. According to Dr. Simmons, contrary to what you may think or have been taught about how you catch the flu or the cold there is only one way that you can catch the two, and that's via the ear canal not through the eyes or nose or mouth as most have believed.

In 1938 German researchers had great success using hydrogen peroxide in dealing with colds and the flu. Their data has been ignored for over 60 years.

It is important to begin treatment as soon as symptoms appear. If treatment is started promptly effectiveness seems to be in the 80% range.

We have found remarkable results in curing the flu & cold within 12 to 14 hours when administering a few drops of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) into each infected ear, (sometimes only one ear is infected) The H2O2 starts working within 2 to 3 minutes in killing the flu or cold; there will be some bubbling and in some cases mild stinging occurs.

Wait until the bubbling & stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 min) then drain onto tissue and repeat other ear. A bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide in 3% solution is available at any drug store for a couple of dollars.

The article goes on to say to repeat this every four hours.
When I first read this, I thought it was crazy but decided to try it anyway. Guess what?! It WORKED! I had the beginnings of a cold, and it completely dried it up. Tristan and Asher were both having cold symptoms, I put the peroxide in their ears...GONE! No more cold symptoms! AMAZING!
Every time I start to get a sore throat or runny nose, I do the peroxide, and it disappears. After the first time of doing "Rice Krispies" in his ear, Tristan refused to allow me to do it again (much to my dismay). That is until last weekend. Last weekend, he had a horrible cough. It kept him awake most of the night Friday night and even more Saturday night. On Sunday, we kept him out of church because we didn't want to spread the cough. Finally, Sunday evening he was coughing so hard, I told him we were going to give him some honey. He agreed, and I got a spoonful out. He tasted it and immediately turned up nose. He said it was "yucky". So I told him he would either have to take honey or do "Rice Krispie" ears. He picked "Rice Krispie" ears. So Channing adjusted his spine, and I got out the peroxide. I did one ear, told a story, did the other ear, told another story then he went to bed. HE HAD TWO COUGHS ALL NIGHT! TWO! Minutes before he couldn't stop coughing. SERIOUSLY! The next day, two coughs...all day!
I've had similar results doing it with Asher. It is the craziest thing.
I am so sold on this theory because I have seen the results firsthand. It's funny because every time I share this with someone (and I'm sharing it a lot), they ask (if they don't ask it, they're thinking it), "Do you think it works because you want it to work?" Kind of like a trick of the mind. I would say maybe so, but it works for my kids too. I've given Tristan the zinc lozenges, and they didn't work. The peroxide WORKS. I would think that if it were a trick of the mind, the lozenges would work for him.
Please try this. It beats cough medicine, which they say not to give kids anyway. Since finding and sharing this information with others, I've had lots of success stories. It may not work every time, but if it works half the time, you're better off.
Try it and let me know if it works for you.

3 comments:

nick, robyn and taylor said...

Hey Annie. I'm so glad you started this blog - I was just thinking last night, "I hope Annie starts the health info blog she was writing about in her other blog." I will be a faithful reader and look forward to learning from you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Annie, I'm Heidi, Holly's sister! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this blog!! We have been using hydrogen peroxide this week as we have all come down with something! Do you dilute it or just straight h.p?

annieck said...

Hey Heidi!!! Thank YOU for passing those articles from Dr. Dan on to Holly. I LOVE when she sends them to me. He is SO awesome!
I'm glad you're enjoying the blog. :)
As for the HP, I use it straight. It has worked literally every time for us, except once on Asher. It didn't bubble at all last time when he had a cold, so I guess his infection was someplace else.
Let me know how it goes. :) :)