CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 28, 2008

Depressing, Isn't It?

I just took a look at my last post and thought, "Wow, that's scary." Let me assure you, people...I am not out to scare you into leaving your house or ever wearing lip gloss. My goal is just to alert you to the potential dangers out there so that you can make an educated decision about your health. I especially want to target those areas that relate to children because they aren't able to make healthcare decisions for themselves.

I have three top areas of concern when it comes to children:

#1. The safety of medications given to children, most especially...vaccinations.
#2. The potential cancer-causing products used on/for children.
#3. The foods they eat (this is a super tough area. We have a lot of growth to do in this area).

When I come across stories in the news that affect adults (like the Vioxx stuff), I am going to tell you because I want you to know. You deserve to know. I also believe your kids need you around for a long time...and they need you to be healthy.

Most of the stuff I find isn't fun to see. In fact, most of it is incredibly disheartening. However, if we can learn how to keep ourselves healthy and not to depend on medication to fix all our ailments, maybe we won't see so many depressing news stories about the dangers of our healthcare world. Just a thought. I would like to see a day where medication is used predominantly for emergency purposes, not as a crutch for every tiny thing. Anyway...

0 comments: