CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Yet Another Reason to Breastfeed

Both my boys breastfed exclusively for the first six months of their lives (for exclusive honesty purposes, I will say that Asher probably had three formula bottles somewhere in the first six months...and that may be stretching it). Asher actually had very little solid food until he turned a year old. He predominantly nursed.
For those who don't know what breastfeeding exclusively is, it is simply this...the baby breastfeeds only...no cereal, formula, or solids. There are numerous studies showing the health benefits for children who nurse, but here is a new study that shows that if you are able to breastfeed your baby...YOU SHOULD. Check it out:

Study: Long-Term Breast-Feeding Will Raise Child's IQ

2 comments:

Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...

I breastfed all 4 of mine and loved every minute of it. I also did sole breastfeeding until my 4th was 12 months old. It was such a great transition. He went straight to a cup and table food. No baby food and bottles! I loved it!

annieck said...

AWESOME!!! Don't you love how some people think you're crazy if you breastfeed past 6 months?
GREAT for you and especially for your sweet kiddos!!! Thank God for knowing and providing what's best!
Oh, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog, btw!!!