CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Taking Drugs AS PRESCRIBED, Yet They Still Died

If you have read many of my posts, you know that I am NOT anti-medicine. Rather, I believe it should be used only when absolutely necessary. I believe that many Americans today are on medications to treat problems they brought on themselves by living unhealthy lifestyles. Do I believe this is always the case? Absolutely not. However, many times, that is the case.

I also believe that Americans are too quick to run to medication for every little thing. God designed our bodies as amazing healing machines, yet so often times, our bodies are never given that opportunity. Like usual, we think we know more than God and don't need His help. "I've got this one, God. I'll let you know if I need you." We save "God-healing" as a last resort; when the medicines have failed to heal; when we have no other hope. For some reason, I just don't think that's what God intended.

I had an "anonymous" poster post that medication is "safe as long as it is taken as prescribed". Really and truly, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. All I can guess is that this poster has not read my many posts about people who have had terrible reactions to drugs that they were taking AS RECOMMENDED (re-read the Asprin article. They were taking AS RECOMMENDED).

Believe me, people, if I ever feel like my kids or I need medication, we'll take it. I just feel so fortunate and so blessed that thus far, neither of my boys has needed it. My Tristan has made it FOUR YEARS MEDICATION FREE...PRAISE GOD!!! And you know what? When he does get colds and viruses, he bounces back really quickly because his immune system is continually strengthening. Thank you, Lord!

I don't know if you guys have been following this story, but here is a prime example of people who took a drug AS RECOMMENDED and died anyway. Read the testimonials of the family members who lost loved ones. It's heart breaking.

Heparin patients' suffering recounted


Families of contaminated heparin victims tell stories of deaths



FDA Official: Heparin Contamination May Have Been Intentional


Let me just say, I have not always been this way. I have not always tried to avoid medication. I grew up in a home where we had medication for anything and everything. However, in the many years since then, I have come across story after story of people taking medication as prescribed or recommended who have had horrible side effects. I have seen story after story written about the corruption in the pharmaceutical companies. I have seen friends lose parents to suicide because of addictions to medications that they were prescribed! If that's not Satan at work, I don't know what is! We have got to wake up and see what the enemy is doing! Right now, I bind the spirit that blinds our minds in the mighty name of Jesus!!!

In the meantime, take your medication that you need. However, really take a look at what you're taking. Do you really need what it is you're taking? If you don't understand it (like my most common anonymous poster who didn't seem to understand the Gardasil vaccine), don't take it until you know more! Listen, you're not hurting me by taking unnecessary medications. You're only hurting yourself. If that's what you choose to do, then fine. However, your kids deserve more. RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH!!! Don't do anything just because the crowd is doing it.

"There is a way which seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." Proverbs 14:12

Don't take it from me. Research for yourself. PLEASE!

Let me close with one more example. Back in the day, women were expected to have x-rays done during pregnancy so that doctors could monitor their babies' growth. These days, that is almost seen as barbaric. Most women, and doctors recommend, to avoid x-rays during pregnancy. Back then, though, they saw no problem with it.

Each day and year that passes, we are learning more and more about the ways that we are destroying our bodies. I just hope we learn before it's too late, especially for our little ones.

God bless you all on your health journey!

2 comments:

holly said...

Amen sister! What do you know about vitamins? Like the prescribed or even over the counter ones. Can they be harmful as well?

annieck said...

Some can do more harm than good (or at least that's what I'm seeing on the news). A really good vitamin producer (for the lack of a better word) is Standard Process. They are organically produced and have been around for a long time. You can only get them through healthcare providers. Channing is a distributor and has several patients who are taking different supplements from this company. We have had lots of great results. I'm sure he could find a provider in your area if you're interested.
One really cool thing about SP is that you can take a health survey which can tell you what your body is deficient in. The system then tells you specifically which supplements your body needs. It's really cool and has produced some really great results. Dr. Bob DeMaria talks about them a lot in his books. :)