CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

On My Way to a Cleansed Liver

It's been a tough day. Channing and I just started a 21 day detoxification and purification cleanse. Channing is beyond thrilled. I, on the other hand, am counting down my 21 days as if I were in a prison. I'm the old fashioned southern girl. I like to eat...a lot! I am all about health, but nutrition is one area where I need a lot of work. I eat a lot and a lot of the wrong things. Give me candy, ice cream, and fried chicken fingers (from Guthries, of course), and I'm happy. Give me 10 supplements to take three times a day, along with boring meat and veggies (no Sonic slushes), and I'm a little sad.


This is Channing's second or third cleanse but only my first. Although I'm not excited about the process, I am thrilled about the impending results. I'm excited to clean out my liver because I know it is SO important. It's the filter of my body. It can only work well if it's not loaded with junk. Too, and my super main focus, is that I will probably lose some weight (Channing keeps reminding me that the liver should be my main focus. Yeah, yeah. That too. ;)). YEA!!! I am ready to lose what's left of the baby pooch.

The cleanse we're doing is from Standard Process. It's a great company that uses all organic supplements. And, according to Standard Process, there are approximately 80,000 synthetic chemicals registered for use in the U.S. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that hundreds of these chemicals are present in our bodies. Research has shown that many of these chemicals can disrupt our immune, endocrine, nervous, and reproductive systems. Then they list the following as examples of external and internal toxins:

External Toxins:
Air and water pollutants
Caffeine
Cigarette Smoke
Cosmetics
Heavy metals
Household cleaning products
Pesticides and herbicides
Pharmaceuticals
Preservatives

Internal Toxins:
Ammonia
Carbon dioxide
Free radicals

We've had several patients in our office who have gotten GREAT results, so I'm excited to join their ranks. Now if I can just remind myself that this is good for me, I'll be doing well. ;)

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Wow - that is awesome. Good for you! What will power you have to stick to that!

I still have your prize if you want to email your address. Kimmertek@aol.com