CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

When is Enough Enough?

I came across this story today, and it really saddens me. Sometimes I read stories and research and get angry. Today, I'm not angry; rather, I am incredibly sad. My big question is this...when is enough enough? Is it not enough that our children are recommended to receive more than 46 vaccinations between the ages of 0-6, but now a federal advisory panel is recommending MORE. They are recommending that infants receive a new two-dose rotavirus vaccine (from GlaxoSmithKline), in addition to the three-dose vaccine made by Merck and put out in 2006! How many doses do our kids need for rotavirus?!

When is enough enough? My child may get sick from food poisoning. Someone should probably hurry up and make a vaccine for that...just in case! Hey, you know what? My son may get mosquito bites which could cause the deadly west nile virus. HURRY! QUICK! Make a vaccine for that!!! Oh, and my boys swim in the lake. They will probably come into contact with something there. WHERE'S MY LAKE VACCINE?!

As I'm sure you guessed, I was being sarcastic. The thing is, vaccines were originally designed to protect children. Now I feel like they are being used to make rich companies/people richer...at the expense of our children. It is, in my humble opinion, not safe to continue loading our precious kids up with dangerous chemicals. How about using some of that money to research the causes of autism, alzheimers, cancer, heart disease, etc? I believe vaccines play a part in some of these diseases.

Oh, and in breaking news U.S. vaccine advisers have also approved and recommend adding TWO multiple vaccines to the regular schedule. Sanofi Aventis's Pentacel is one of the new recommendations. Get this, it protects against five infections at once! Ok, what you need to realize here is that they are trying to use a little psychology. Drug companies are hearing debates like, "Too many too soon", meaning our kids are receiving too many vaccines too soon. Some parents are only looking at the NUMBER of shots their children receive. With this, they can cut down on the amount of shots by loading five vaccines into one. Does that sound safe to you??? Currently, it's the MMR vaccine that is under the scope. It is the one causing so much suspicion because of the three vaccinations in one. It's DANGEROUS! And now we should give our babies FIVE IN ONE?! Seriously?

The other drug recommended is GlaxoSmithKline's Kinrix. It is a four in one shot and a booster for tetanus, diptheria, pertussis, and poliomyelitis. Read the whole story here.

Please know that I am not anti-vaccine. My husband and I have personally chosen not to vaccinate our boys; however, I don't encourage others to take this decision lightly.. We made this choice because we are confident that we are raising our boys in a way that encourages their natural God-given immune systems to strengthen as they should. We try to feed our boys well, give them supplements, and of course, keep their spines adjusted. We have two incredibly healthy boys, and I am SO thankful for that.

What I want people to realize is that our vaccines and vaccine schedules need to be made safe. GREEN OUR VACCINES!!! I am so tired of hearing about global warming and how we need to green this and green that. How about our kids, our future? Don't they deserve a little greening? I believe they do, and I am going to do my part by putting as much education out there as I can find. My hope is that you will make an educated decision regarding your child's healthcare and that you will join me by encouraging our government to take a stand and make our vaccines safe (and, in my opinion, reduce the amount they take).

4 comments:

holly said...

Amen sister! Great post, thanks for the info. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

vTHIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE POSTED ON A BLOG I JUST FOUND OUT WHAT A BLOG IS LOL. BUT I WAS JUST SERACHING AND CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG AND WAS WONDERING WHY YOU ARE SO AGAINST VACCINES WHEN THEY HELP WITH SO MANY DEADLY ILLNESS. LIKE THE GREEN OUR VACCINES THAT IS OK IF YOU LOOK AT IT AS STILL VACCINATING CHILDREN. JUST THINK IF YOU HAVE ANY CHILDREN AND ONE OF THEM STEP ON A NAIL OR RUSTY MEDAL THEY COULD GET TETANUS AND NOTHING COVERS THAT NO MEDS OR ANTIBIOTICS THEY HAVE A SHOT BEFORE THE ACCIDENT HAPPENED. SO YOU MIGHT WANT TO THINK ABOUT THAT. I JUST THINK PEOPLE WHO DONT VACCINATE THERE KIDS JUST DONT WANT THEM TO GET STUCK BY A NEEDLE AND LISTEN TO THEM CRY. AND THAT IS SAD :( SO I WAS JUST WONDERING SINCE YOU REASEARCH THE BAD IN VACCINES WHY DONT YOU TRY RESEARCHING THE GOOD. I THOUGHT I MIGHT GET YOUR IN PUT ON WHY YOU ARE SO AGAINST VACCINATING WHEN IT HELPS SAVES LIVES

Anonymous said...

I CAME ACROSS YOUR BLOG WHEN I WAS DOING SOME RESEARCH AND I WAS JUST GOING TO GET YOUR INPUT ON WHY YOU DONT VACCINATE. I MEAN IT HELPS CHILDREN AND ADULTS. THEY HELP SAVE LIVES. IF YOU HAVE ANY CHILDREN AND ARE PLAYING OUTSIDE AND IF ONE GETS A RUSTY PIECE OF METAL CAUGHT IN ITS FOOT THEY COULD POOSIBLE GET TETANUS AND SINCE YOU WERE SO INFACUATED WITH FINDING OUT WHY THEY ARE SO BAD FOR YOU AND NOT TAKING CARE OF KIDS THEY COULD DIE OF TETANUS. YOU CANT PUT KIDS IN A BUBBLE. WHY DONT INSTEAD OF RESEARCHING THE BAD IN VACCINES RESEARCH THE GOOD. THANKS FOR READING MY POST.

annieck said...

Welcome back, anonymous. I hope you receive this the way I intended it to come across, which is with much love and respect.

I know that you are the same anonymous poster from before, despite your saying that this is your first post. I also know your name, though I don't know you personally. You do know one of my dear sweet best friends, though. Anyway, aside from that, you type exactly the same as my last anonymous poster (even with the same lack of punctuation and spelling errors), and you live in the same place. Too many coincidences. ;) That's ok, though. If you truly feel the need to hide behind your anonymity, that is completely ok. I'll roll with it. :)

Anyway, I'm not going to respond too much to why I don't vaccinate because the evidence on my blog speaks for itself. This is something my husband and I have chosen to forgo, in the best interest of our boys' health. I don't advocate that everyone make that decision, but I do encourage everyone to research BOTH sides.

As for me needing to research the positive side, I have done that. And even if I had not, which I have, I get the hit by the "positive" side everywhere I go. I can honestly say that I have made an educated decision, and there aren't many parents who can say that(simply because they have not researched both sides).

Despite your feelings or mine about vaccines, there is no disputing that children are being harmed by dangerous chemicals in vaccines. Something needs to be done.

I respect that you and I have differences of opinions. I don't judge you for yours, and I ask that you don't judge me for mine. Romans 15:7 says, "Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you."

I hope you have a fantastic day. As always, I really appreciate you stopping by. I pray blessings over you and your family.